Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Recruitment 2021.
- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Assistant IT Manager
This position is responsible for managing all local computer technology and services in the Hotel which can include, but is not limited to:
- operating systems,
- internet access and all related systems,
- office automation and email systems,
- departmental systems for front office,
- back office,
- sales & catering,
- other network based software supporting these systems;
- network security and compliance;
- where not the responsibility of the Engineering department, cabling, access control system, voice and guest technologies.
The role will be responsible for management of the IT staff in the hotel.
- First point of contact for all computer related issues within the hotel.
- Solve technical or operational problems as reported by the users.
- Ensure that equipment is in proper working order and application performance is optimized.
- Ensure that all 24/7 systems (i.e. front office, point of sale, email and internet) are monitored and that technical service is available any time.
- Ensure that backups are performed and checked on a regular basis.
- Ensure that hotel network, systems and data is secured from unwanted intrusion and in line with stated Kempinski standards and rules and regulations given by law.
- Ensure that IT contingency systems for all key business areas are in proper working order and that staff are trained in the switching to, and use of, these contingency systems.
- Follow Kempinski policies as they relate to the security and operation of the computer systems.
- Ensure that the IT organizational requirements for legal, data protection and PCI compliance are in place.
- Update all computer systems with the latest security patches to minimize internal and external access security risks.
- Train and maintain back-up staff for each server-based application.
- Ensure first level support backup is in place for all systems and network.
- In cooperation with all other department heads; design and implement new computer based procedures that will improve profitability, operations and work efficiencies.
- Coordinate the installation of all new applications or upgrades of existing applications.
- Coordinate and review all new software development specific to the hotel, in accordance to Kempinski policies and standards.
- Implement all corporate IT related policies and procedures, carry out an annual self audit.
- Provide advice to better expedite access and improve the use of information in the Hotel.
- Take direction from the Corporate IT department as it relates to the technical operation of computer technology hardware and software.
- Communicate status, risks and opportunities as it relates to IT to Corporate & Regional IT, General Manager and Hotel Management.
- Responsible for communication with computer vendors and Kempinski Corporate IT Department.
- Responsible for timely preparation and submission of all IT budgets.
- Responsible for the management and control of all IT budgets according to an agreed plan and budget.
- Ensure a business continuity plan is established and tested together with the department heads for all part of the business supported by IT.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedule employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Select and recruit suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Identify employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him/her together Director of Human Resources.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Networking
- Preferably, combination of a company position involved with Hotel systems configuration and administration and working knowledge in service industry operations. Any combination equivalent to experience that provides the required skill and knowledge is qualifying.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar size 5 star property in a similar capacity is preferred.
- Planning & organizational skills
Method of Application
Closing Date: 29 July. 2021