Open Capital is a management consulting and financial advisory firm that drives growth, enables investment, and builds markets across Africa. We help businesses, investors, development partners, and the public sector identify opportunities and deliver unique, impactful solutions.
Since our inception in 2010, we have completed more than 1,000 engagements across 25 countries in Africa and have raised more than USD $1 billion in capital for impactful growing businesses.
Our clients have transformed local industries ranging from agribusiness to off-grid energy, fintech, and healthcare, among others. We offer our clients best-in-class strategic, operational, and financial advisory services — we are deeply passionate and invested in designing innovative and impactful solutions— including market-building mechanisms, investment vehicles, and market accelerators—to help overcome some of the biggest challenges Africa faces.
The Analyst Role
We continue to expand rapidly and are looking for exceptional graduates to join our team for a minimum 3-year commitment supporting OCA projects and our clients in 3-6 month rotating embedded placements. You will work with different innovative businesses in roles ranging from analyzing new business opportunities to creating and managing new systems to overseeing client budgeting.
On a day-to-day basis, you will perform market research, develop financial models, and create presentations for clients. By rotating between opportunities every 3-6 months, you will quickly build diverse experience, working with senior-level clients and senior management within our team and offering unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Analysts will start with a rigorous training program to build strategic and financial skills, combining hands-on coaching and real-world experience in order to prepare you to assume responsibility as you grow in your role. Training is an integral part of this multi-year commitment and is funded by the company as part of this full-time position.
You will join us at an exciting time – we are seeking to achieve broad, ambitious growth goals, and can now leverage a strong international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space.
As we look to deepen our reach in the broader African market, there will continue to be many opportunities to engage across SSA. The right candidate should be excited and genuinely motivated by the challenging strategic and financial questions we answer for our clients.
Desired Skills And Experience
- We are looking for exceptional, hard-working, and ambitious new graduates who share our motivation and drive.
- You should be able to develop insightful analyses, problem-solve through analytical and organizational challenges, communicate often & clearly, perform excellent work, contribute fresh ideas, and take pleasure in the work we do.
- Our team is energetic and driven and we are quick to reward performance and initiative.
We are open to candidates with a variety of backgrounds; top candidates will typically have the following:
- Strong academic performance in any discipline and a clear understanding of business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical abilities
- Desire to learn and grow while being exposed to new industries and business issues
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Fluency in English is required
- Enjoy solving challenging strategic and financial questions
- Able to begin work full time in June 2022, Oct 2022, or February 2023
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: February 11, 2022