Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Paramedic / Emergency Medical Technician at The Bank Hospital
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for responding to emergency medical calls, assess patients’ conditions and implement first-aid procedures, providing on-site aid and transporting patients safely to medical facilities.
Additional duties include maintaining equipment, filing reports and transporting patients between hospitals or facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead and coordinate the team responding to an emergency
- Assess patients’ injury severity and type and quickly begin appropriate medical procedures
- Providing emergency medical treatment, including administering medication, pain relief, intravenous infusions, and dressing wounds/injuries
- Administer life support, first-aid treatment and other forms of simple and advanced pre-hospital emergency care
- Operate technical equipment and tools to stabilize patients or provide immediate treatment such as bag valve mask resuscitators, external defibrillators and electrocardiograms for advanced life support applications and respond to radio transmissions
- Drive ambulance to predetermined location under the instructions of the emergency medical dispatcher.
- Monitor patient’s condition en route to the hospital
- Assess, record and discuss patient injuries and condition with the physician, including any treatments provided and reactions to treatments or drugs.
- Clean and decontaminate ambulance/emergency vehicle and maintaining medical equipment.
- Administer drugs as appropriate and necessary via injection, intravenous procedures or oral administration under the direction of a physician.
- Communicate and coordinate with interested parties and other emergency medical team members as needed to ensure that all applicable personnel are prepared to receive the patient and ensure proper treatment.
- Prepare, write and submit concrete and accurate reports on incidents and other documentation as required.
- A diploma or degree in paramedical science or associate degree or appropriate further medical training.
- One or more years of paramedic experience
- Valid state EMT-P Certification/EMS license
- CPR certification.
- Emergency response training, including first-aid and trauma situations. ( eg. ALS)
- Clean driving record that complies with AMR Safety and Driving policy
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and medications
- Excellent working knowledge of medical equipment and devices
- Ability to stay calm and make the right decisions in adverse conditions
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.,
- Excellent level of fitness, stamina, eyesight, and physical agility.
- Able to work irregular hours, including weekends and national holidays.
- Exceptional navigational and driving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: