- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Plant Manager – Operations.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
- The Plant Manager-Operations acts as the fulcrum around which majority of the plant task revolves including maintenance, security, safety, environment, and cost.
- He/she will be expected to be fully updated at all time with every activity undertaken within the process plant area of influence, from ore entry to the plant to final disposure of the tailings material at the TSF as a Pastefill material to service underground mining operations.
- The incumbent shall offer the link between process plant management, field operating team and all stakeholder departments including contractors to ensure the processing plant interest is serviced.
- He/she shall be responsible and supervise the field implementations of agreed strategies and initiatives including budget controls, aimed at improving the department output.
- The task shall require sound communication skills, sound decision-making skills, strong sense of fair judgement, team building, controlling, absolute grasp of the plant workflow and set KPIs and to meet expectations.
- Revenue = Run Time x Tons Per Hour x Au grade x Recovery – Costs
- Actively promote Health, Safety and Environmental actions and improvements
- Contribution into EIA and permitting procedures
- International Cyanide Management Institute compliance
- Compliance with Legal Instruments (LI’s) and Codes as laid down by the Republic of Ghana
- Control of Tailings Facilities operations.
- Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
- Investigate, respond and take measures to prevent actual/ potential environmental in the areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for continuous environmental improvement in the areas of work.
- Demonstrate Environmental Leadership by supporting team members and other managers to achieve their environmental objective and requirements
- Contribute to the environmental training of all subordinates within the department/section.
- Constant monitoring and adjustment of plant performance to achieve Monthly KPI’s
- Achieve Au production targets
- Achieve Throughput targets
- Minimise downtime
- Achieve recovery efficiency targets
- Cost control of production within the processing budget targets including but not limited to reagent consumption, labour costs and other expenses.
- Budget documents and plans
- Comparison documents and remedial action plans for returning out of alignment performance to budget targets.
- Develop strategic career paths and succession planning for your subordinates
- Contribution to and implementation of an up to date training system
- Develop performance management setpoints and targets for your subordinates
- Maintaining discipline, performance management.
- Constant assessment and challenging of the status quo to identify and align operations to best practice
- Addition to the library of procedures, standards and protocols used for the operation of the plant.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science – Extraction Metallurgy or similar / equivalent
- At least 15 years of which 5 have been in a senior managerial production role
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- Proven plant performance and efficiency programs
- Proven ability in plant commissioning including the development of commissioning plans
- Proven strategy development and implementation experience
- Proven plant maintenance control
- Proven SCADA and process control knowledge
- Budgeting and budget control including the understanding of interdepartmental costing
- Research and Development
- Proven Metallurgical Accounting understanding with implementation of databases (MS Access / SQL etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of metallurgical research processes such as, but not limited to, test work procedures, circuit and financial modelling
- Proven knowledge of equipment selection and process design
- Proven knowledge of engineering principles of various equipment types.
- Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status quo.
- Strong and proven decision-making skills.
- Driven towards settings and achieving a vision of an improved future
- Not accepting of sub-standard practices or conditions
Method of Application
Closing Date : 18 June. 2021