Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Procurement Officer at GIZ Ghana
- Company: GIZ Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
A key element of national development agenda of Ghana is creating new and better jobs for a growing young generation.
The intervention of areas of the Sustainable Economic Development in Ghana (PSED) program: Support to the reform in the Technical Vocational Training sector (TVET), Financial System Development (FSD), implementation of Migration and Employment Promotion (MEP) and support for digitization (DIGIT) contribute to this endeavor by improving the conditions for creation of decent and productive employment.
Scope of the Role:
The Procurement officer provides support in ensuring that procurement regulations are complied with GIZ PuR and local legislation of Ghana
- Purchasing materials and equipment for the NIED cluster assisted projects/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions
- Coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administrative division of CO and with procurement officers at head office
- Accepts goods, inspects delivery, and ensures that the receipt is
documented, and goods received checked appropriately
- Contacts suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow-ups
- Checks goods invoices, goods inwards receipts and delivery notes and payment instruction
- Establishes contracts and issues invitations to tender in accordance with GIZ PuR
- Regular update on project contracts to project team members
- Organises adequate filing system in accordance with the DMS structure and files documents properly for easy retrieval
- Reservation of hotel and domestic flight bookings
Qualification Required & Experience
- BA in business administration, recognised degree in business administration, Procurement and Logistic or in Finance
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Excellent knowledge of procurement procedures
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
- Very good knowledge of the English language, a knowledge of German is an add advantage
- Very good communication skills and negotiation skills
- Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com under the Job Code 2021/PSED/11/04.
Closing Date: 14 December, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.