Project Manager at MEDA Ghana
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Project Manager at MEDA Ghana
- Company: MEDA Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
MEDA is an association of compassionate men and women who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
MEDA is seeking qualified candidates for an experienced Project Manager to support an anticipated project that will increase economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana. The successful candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana. Recruitment is contingent upon approval of the project by the donor.
The Project Manager will provide managerial oversight over the project senior management team (Deputy Project Manager, Agriculture Value Chain Manager, Finance Manager, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion, and Monitoring & Impact Measurement Manager). As part of the in-country senior management team, the Manager will collaborate closely with all staff, the MEDA Ghana Country Director and other colleagues from MEDA HQ to contribute to the project’s overall success.
As leader of the project team, the Project Manager is directly responsible for the success of a large scale, long term economic development project. The PM ensures effective implementation of project strategies, adjusting course as needed based on interim performance, to achieve life-of-project performance targets. This position involves frequent travel to project locations country wide. The PM will report to and work closely with MEDA’s Ghana Country Director and the North America-based Sr. Project Manager tasked to supervise this Project.
- Leading development of annual project workplans, budgets and procurement plans.
- Ensuring daily management of the project and assuming full accountability of project results.
- Ensuring efficient utilization of project resources (human, financial, physical, etc.) for effective implementation.
- Ensuring project performance tracking.
- Leading preparation of monthly, semi-annual & annual project narrative and financial reporting and milestone evaluations.
- Facilitating engagement of all stakeholders and alignment with country strategies and other programs through active and regular participation to project technical, steering, and advisory committee meetings.
- Implementing security protocols.
Project Financial Management
- Leading preparation of annual budget in line with project workplans.
- Maintaining strict budgetary adherence and monitoring.
- Ensuring review and timely submission of regular financial reports.
- Ensuring project is implemented in strict accordance with the donor agreement and other project policies (HR, Finance and Procurement).
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of project’s compliance with planning, monitoring, evaluation, performance, and reporting.
- Ensuring adherence to local legal requirements.
Management of Field Staff
- Overseeing the management of all field staff, including recruitment, selection, supervision, and ongoing performance evaluations.
- Managing successful relationships with the local Government and traditional authorities, donor agencies, the business community, other NGOs operating in the area, and other stakeholders.
- Managing successful relationship with Key Facilitating Partners; ensuring positive relationships are maintained and project targets are achieved.
- Ensuring alignment with and integration of the project work with district and national development priorities.
- Ensuring synergies and complementarities with other initiatives to avoid duplication of efforts.
- project committees: technical, advisory, and Steering committees.
New Business Development
- Support, as time allows, MEDA’s new business development efforts in-country and regionally.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
University degree (ideally Masters) in International Development, Business Administration, economics, agronomy, or related field.
Proven track record of at least ten years of senior level experience leading and managing complex, large scale, multi-million dollar economic and enterprise development initiatives (or similar private sector experience).
Project and professional management experience, staff management experience, overseas and/or international experience relevant to the West Africa region, experience with donors, bi- and multi-lateral government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other development agencies.
Experience/expertise in at least one of MEDA’s areas of technical focus, including market systems, impact investment, gender equality & social inclusion, inclusive financial services, environment, and climate change.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision, and value.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty.
- Excellent skills in relationship management, including building relationships, networking and presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal communication.
- Proven leadership abilities with a multiple field office environment and relationships with North American-based HQ specialists and management.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required.
- Proficiency in local languages spoken in northern Ghana is an asset.
- Functional experience in marketing, business planning, business growth advisory service or related areas.
- Direct private sector experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, lead and facilitate collaborative processes.
- Experience in using commercial business development services (BDS) providers to upgrade farmer, entrepreneur, and enterprise competencies.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicant should:
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
CLOSING DATE : April 30, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP