Puma Energy is a leading global energy business which supplies, stores and distributes petroleum products in 48 countries across six continents. Founded in 1997, Puma Energy has its headquarters in Singapore and Geneva and regional hubs in South Africa, Puerto Rico, Australia and Estonia, and employs over 8,000 people globally.
Puma Energy has a network of 100 storage terminals, more than 3,000 retail sites, and a presence at over 80 airports. Our mission is to energise communities to help drive growth and prosperity by sustainably serving our customers’ needs in high potential countries around the world.
Accountable for uphold the quality and standards of the organization.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting regular inspections and ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility.
- Ensuring the proper working of all electrical units and systems in the facility.
- Leading a team of subordinates and delegating work areas to them.
- Keeping a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in a facility.
- Evaluating the performance of the subordinates.
- Complying with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while carrying out maintenance functions.
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipment for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
- Synchronizing work processes with other departments of the establishment.
- Recruiting maintenance personnel
- Effective site installation support, QaQc checks and inspection etc.
- Effective supervision of subcontractor installation works and activities.
- Provide short term and long term depot maintenance plans and schedules.
- Prepare requisition for spare parts items to be purchased after evaluation of their actual needs based on inventory and records.
- Assist in monitoring, control and reporting of budget and expenses.
- The (MS) must be HSSE minded and work safely at all times.
- The (MS) must acknowledge that Working Safely is a condition of Employment, and conduct his activities in accordance with that.
- The (MS) must strictly adhere to the PUMA Rules for Operators.
- The (MS) must be fully conversant and comply with all company and legal HSSE requirements which apply to his activities.
- The (MS) must report all unsafe acts and conditions and near misses to his / her Supervisor at all times.
- The (MS) works within a team and therefore his actions and behaviors will impact on others.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages – Excel, Microsoft Projects etc., AutoCAD, PDMS /other pipeline engineering software
- Conversant with international codes and standards such as BS codes and API codes
- Strong inter – personal records and working relationships.
Education and Qualifications
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree or diploma in mechanical or civil engineer.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a maintenance supervisor/manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Able to handle fast moving and high-pressure customer facing environment
- Conflict handling skills
- Able to prioritize work tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Customer Service oriented
- Quick learner
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Team player
Quality Management System Compliance
- Comply and support the Quality Management system in all aspects of your role.
- Adopt and implement the principles of continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
- Ensure the awareness of customer requirements (internal & external) are promoted throughout the business.
- Review, monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Engage, support and continuously improve communication processes that support the quality management system and provide positive outcomes for the business, customers and key stakeholders.
Workplace Health & Safety
As a Worker;
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- Take reasonable care that your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons
- Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction and training that is given
- Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure relating to health, safety or environment at the workplace that has been notified to you
- Attend and actively participate in consultative arrangements such as toolbox talks and risk assessments
- Ensure that any hazards, incidents, accidents or near-hits are reported to your supervisor.
- Use machinery and equipment (including personal protective equipment-PPE) only in accordance with the procedures and training provided to you.
- Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures and the location of first aid and fire equipment.
- Ensure your activities do not cause, or are not likely to cause, environmental harm
- Minimize waste; separate reusable and recyclable materials from the general waste stream, use bins provided.
- Clean up spills appropriately and notify your Supervisor.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Internal: Depot Manager, Shift Supervisor, Senior Shift Supervisor, Office Manager and Maintenance Technicians.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25th Jan. 2022