Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Renal Technician at The Bank Hospital
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for assembling and maintaining dialysis machines, monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment and maintaining the highest safety and cleanliness standards when operating the machines,
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assembling the dialysis machine and ensuring its proper performance.
- Monitoring patients undergoing dialysis treatment.
- Ensuring usage of the dialysis machine is safe and secure.
- Administering local anesthesia.
- Talking patients through the dialysis process.
- Monitoring and adjusting patient fluid removal rates as required.
- Working in tandem with nurses and doctors.
- Ensuring sterilization of operating equipment before use.
- Responding to emergency scenarios.
- Attending to patient needs.
- Demonstrating empathy and understanding towards patients’ emotional and physical concerns, ensuring that they are comfortable and well-informed at all times
- Understanding patient physical and emotional concerns.
- Educating patients on health maintenance and care.
- Developing operational training material for staff.
- Diploma/degree in dialysis/ nephrology technology
- Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council
- Suitable clinical experience.
- Dedication to patient care.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: