Reserve Account Manager at Guinness
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Achimota
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Context & Scope
Luxury spirits category is in growth, reflecting global trends for consumers to buy less but better quality. With a general trend toward premiumization and limitations on volume growth within a mature market, premium brands are key to unlocking future value growth for the company.
Our premium spirits range represent a strong growth and profit opportunity for Diageo and our Reserve customers, and there are ambitious targets in place for F20-25. There is a need to continue to build market share with competitive and effective trade and marketing strategies
About the role?
In the highly influential top-end On-Trade venues, which are the heartland of the premium spirits world, you will play a crucial role in building the status, equity and rate of sale of our brands through delivery of brand objectives. You will support our key accounts in order to deliver the profit, volume, sales driver and Diageo brand building objectives.
Based in Accra you will be looking after some of Ghana’s most exciting venues, along with some key customer groups. You will play a key part in Ghana’s Reserve team, overseeing one of our most visible and highly adaptive territories.
Top 4 functional capabilities for this role:
- Strong ownership of the senior customer relationship through effective negotiation, persuasion and conflict management/resolution skills
- Skilled in developing customer collaboration and commitment at all stages of the value chain and ability to negotiate to achieve value
Creates the conditions for an amazing relationship with the customer through great cross-functional behaviors and ways of working
Externally focused Commercial Strategy Development and execution
- Uses strong understanding of external environment to drive the creation and execution of a clear and powerful commercial plans
- Unlocks consumer and shopper insights to generate breakthrough performance
- Champions compliance and ethics in business delivery
Development and delivery of customer plan
- Ability to understand customer requirements and match these to specific Diageo propositions
- Makes proactive and reactive recommendations in order to beat the competition
- Highly analytical and curious, always looking for opportunity with the ability to search and spin proactively within and outside channel
- Mastery in the deployment of programmes and tools that maximize sustainable profit for the territory including trade terms, pricing strategy & promotional effectiveness
- Able to identify and prioritize highest value creating activities and role models RAPID approach to swift, effective decision making.
- Effectively balances short and long term performance goals in planning, execution and evaluation of activity
- Develop and execute consumer and customer JUBP with defined customers, aligning these to brand and channel objectives
- Effective Time Management and ability to work autonomously at times on multiple projects or initiatives
- Working closely with customers and internal stake holders to build Qtrly, half yearly, and annual business reviews as required
- Ensure execution of trading terms
- Drive and develop a high performing team culture, Embed capability training and coaching plans
- Represent Brand Diageo professionally and authentically
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College graduate with 4+ years of experience
- Industry knowledge of premium brands within the liquor space
- Strong commercial acumen to understand where best to invest brand/trade funds to maximize ROI
- Highly skilled in fostering commitment through negotiation skills, resolving conflict and creating collaborative relationships
- Good understanding of distributors, key customers and competitors: their businesses and their shoppers / drinkers
- Passion for luxury goods marketing and understanding of marketing principles in this area (experience in luxury industry preferred)
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Understanding of Ghana’s influential venues and reserve products is beneficial but not essential
- Distributor experience/management a plus
- Expected to be extremely self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Strong organizational, communication and influencing skills are required
- Experience in developing sustainable high performing teams or someone who passionate about the success of others and ready to lead into a leadership role (we take coaching of others seriously, so you will need to be a born leader).
- Experience in building and executing robust field sales strategies
- Outcomes focused individual with tangible results to back it up
- Proven track record in recognizing commercial opportunities
- Confident in handling variety of technology applications
- Proven track record in delivery of commercial metrics and sale growth initiatives
- Highly numerical with experience in development of profitable customer propositions
- Comprehensive understanding of key commercial measures
- Experience of engaging cross functionally and with senior leaders within organization
- Understanding of productivity measurement and reporting systems.
- An ability to build and leverage relationships with customers supported by proven negotiations skills capability
- Good numerical ability and understanding of financial measures
- Ability to structure and present compelling commercial arguments
- Excellent verbal communication and personal organizational skills
- Able to motivate and energize through vision and goals setting
- Positive and with an abundance of energy
- Relationship focused person
- Commercially savvy
- Strong values and integrity within a customer first approach
- Ambitious and opportunistic
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity:
Diageo is committed to building a workplace culture that values inclusion and diversity. We actively promote the employment of people of diversity groups.
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
CLOSING DATE : 26 May. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP