Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Sales Executive at Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Sales / Marketing Jobs in Ghana
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
The sales executive manages leisure, Corporate or Group accounts within the Sales & Marketing department and possibly working with local and international travel agents/ tour operators, conference-meeting-incentive organizers/DMC for individual and group bookings.
Responsible for managing their assigned group of agencies and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of group & travel trade segments through existing clientele and key prospects.
Assisting to and cooperating with the Director of Sales & Marketing in reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Solicit existing and potential customers and follow up established accounts on regular basis by phone, by correspondence or by personal contact.
- Set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts from corporate commercial accounts.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- Negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- Follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Explore industry related data, new developments in certain agencies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be interest and benefit of the hotel and to distribute this information to their colleagues.
- Entertain decision makers of the Clients in the F & B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.) Also explore and compare FIT and Group traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors.
- Bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- When necessary, handle the group and individual reservation requests personally.
- Maintain the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA) which will be capable of identifying report sales calls and other sales activities and carry out updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and informs hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Participate preparing the sales action plans, attending sales meetings, developing new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department and/or F&B.
- Take part in sales training programs, trade fairs / shows, sales blitzes and fam trips assigned by the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Keep themselves updated with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the Hotel and the other chain hotels.
- Keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
- Prepare reports of each sales calls covering information about the company, their comments, requirements, complaints, of their customers etc.
- Cover assigned accounts in a designated Segment or geographic area and visit them at least twice annually.
- On weekly basis, prepare an activity report which will cover sales call reports, site inspections, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment and other functions they participated in during the week and presents to Sales Director.
- Accomplish any additional work assigned by Department head or Division head in the time frame required.
- Cross selling other Kempinski Hotels in the Area and Globally.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a Sales position, preferably in a 4/5 star hotel.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Problem Solving & decision-making skills
- Be familiar with labor laws and regulations
- Administration skills
- Passionate for European luxury
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances, and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
Method of Application
Closing Date: 18 July. 2021