Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Sandvik Limited Recruitment 2021.
- Company: Sandvik
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Sales Manager will drive surface drilling Projects, equipment and application trials, technology deployment, equipment rentals and sales by bringing the best of Sandvik’s offering to meet a given customer need and meet Sales Area/Division profitability targets
Key Performance Areas
- Assist in new product trials
- Work with customers to develop project plans, schedules and commissioning activities
- Prepare project operational readiness for large projects
- Thoroughly investigate all safety incidents related to divisions products
- Actively gather and monitor competitor activity and where possible gather competitor performance data and submit to surface drilling division product line
Equipment and Application Trials
- Develop grade control business using DI650i RC to gain market share
- Actively gather reliability, operating cost, operator and technical feedback and continually feed this back to the division product line manager so the offering can be managed over its life cycle
- Lead and co-ordinate surface drilling division workshops and seminars
- Product operational readiness in changing out competitor fleet to Sandvik
- Build and maintain customer relationships and act as a trusted advisor in partnering with the customer to determine solutions
- Manage tender to contract signature in conjunction with account management team
- Develop deep understanding of customer business, operations and processes
- Ensure the equipment configuration both matches customer needs and works technically
- Create customer value propositions (that include TCO, EHS, application and technical knowledge) to proactively create opportunities
- Identify, analyze and drive resolution of customer issues (warranty and non-warranty) with account management team
- Secure customers as pilot for Surface Drilling Automation and Optimize
Equipment Rental and Sales
- Develop rental business for construction and mining market
- Use deep knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and customers
- Produce positive results in sales-client interventions
- Lead Sales management (sales funnel management, sales activities planning and follow up)
- Coach and manage surface drilling Sales Engineers, sales plans and performance.
- Conduct competitor analysis on offering, performance, pricing, market share and services and identify needed actions
- Ensure all contract/terms and conditions are in place to enable cash collection in line with Sandvik policy
Safety Health Environment and Quality
- All employees and workers are required to conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm to; our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers
- The employee or worker must comply with all aspects of the Sandvik Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality Policy, and any reasonable instructions, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm.
- The employee must take reasonable care for their own health and safety, and ensure that their actions do not adversely affect the health and safety of any other person in the workplace
- A Degree-qualified Engineer or must possess appropriate Trade background with equivalent Technical experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar Management role is preferred. Exposure to international markets along with strong cross-cultural awareness, particularly in remote challenging environments, is desirable.
- French language skills would be highly regarded.
- Competency in LEAN Six Sigma methodology will be added advantage
- Intermediate knowledge in MS Office applications
- Intermediate knowledge in MS project application
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-discipline team and provide guidance to members of the team
- Professional Qualification in Project Management.
- Team Orientated
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels of the organization
Business Line Manager – Surface Drilling
Method of Application
Closing Date : 10 July. 2021
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.