- Performing a variety of dental assisting duties while promoting quality dental care for our patients in a safe environment with minimal stress.
- Assisting specialists / dentists / hygienists. Active involvement in oral health promotion.
- Effectively communicate with patients on all aspects of care including appointment scheduling and payments.
- Actively work to the highest international standards od cross infection are adhered to.
- Maintain equipment as per protocol and report malfunctioning or damaged equipment as soon as possible
- Prepare for patients in advance by reviewing medical history, treatment plan and chart notes to know what will be done and how to set up for each patient.
- Prepare procedure set ups (trays).
For Ortho nursing –
- Ensure patient orthodontic models, photos and radiographs are available during treatment.
- Clean and disinfect treatment rooms. Place protective barriers as required.
- Keep all instruments and equipment clean, organized and ready for use.
- Assist dentists during procedures and be proactive in your approach.
- Take all types of dental X-rays as prescribed and complete the necessary documentation
- Make thorough procedure notes to document exam findings, doctor’s treatment plan, patient’s chief complaint and treatment goals, materials used, and steps taken during every procedure.
- Ensure surgeries are clean and tidy ready for next patient.
- Sterilize instruments between patients.
- Restock supplies in each location including rotation of stock between surgeries as they are used.
- Ensure that items about to expire are identified.
- Ensure leaflets likely to pertain to the procedures are at hand
- Strictly adhere to health and safety protocols as well as cross infection to the highest standard.
- Perform all equipment and facility maintenance procedures regularly according to the schedule and guidelines.
- Ensuring all clinical waste is adequately disposed-off.
- Ensure end of day procedures as assigned are completed.
- Explain dental procedures and hand out information about dental procedures.
- Give OHI, post-operative instructions (including how and when to take / use any prescribed items including medication) to patients and parents of pediatric patients.
- Be aware of on-going practice marketing and targets and work towards assigned goals
- Take part in marketing events (including school screens) as required
Qualification Required & Experience
Diploma in Dental Nursing from a recognized Institution.
- Excellent competence and high professional ethics in nursing practice especially in dental care
- Excellent written and spoken English and oral communication skills
- Experienced in word processing software, spreadsheets (Word and Excel) and other office applications.
- Attention to detail
- Respect patient’s confidentiality and dignity
- Excellent people management skills
- Understanding of excellent customer Service
- Good organizational skills: Friendly, approachable and outgoing team player
- Diligent, honest and hardworking
- Motivated and keen to develop and advance their career
- Outgoing personality who can relate to people at all levels
- Very well-presented
- Great positive attitude
- Very well-presented
Location: Airport Hills, Accra
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly forward your application and curriculum vitae to: Platinum1dental@gmail.com
Closing Date: 31 July, 2021