Senior Tutor at Presbyterian College of Education
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Senior Tutor at Presbyterian College of Education
- Company: Presbyterian College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
The Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong – Akuapem, a public tertiary education institution is known for training competent teachers for the pre-tertiary level, is inviting applications from qualified persons for the following position: Tutor
Qualification Required & Experience
- Hold a good First Degree and a Masters’ Degree by research in a relevant subject area.
- Both degrees must be in the same subject area.
- A Ph.D. will be added advantage.
- Appointment to the position of Tutor shall be for a term of five (5) years and may be renewed for a second term upon satisfactory performance.
- A Tutor’s appointment may be renewed up to a maximum of three terms, that is, a total of fifteen (15) years upon which the appointment may be terminated unless the applicant qualifies for promotion to Senior Tutor position.
- Have served as Tutor in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution or organization for, at least, four (4) years.
SPECIAL AREAS OF CONSIDERATION INCLUDE:
- Education for people with visual impairment
- Social Studies
- Religious and Moral Education (RME)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Vocational (an applicant with Fashion Design or Clothing and Textiles will be preferred)
- Creative Arts (Music)
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES
- Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary
- Be able to work independently
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a good team player
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Possess high integrity, as the position holder will handle confidential and sensitive information
- Be able to act professionally in all situations;
- Be highly organized, efficient and resourceful with the ability to multi-task amid conflicting demands and busy work schedules
- Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years on first appointment before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
How To Apply For The Job
All applicants are required to download and complete an application form:
Click Here To Download Application Form
Two reference letters, at least, one of which should come from a Head of Department or Unit with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
- Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
- General Contribution to the work of a College of Education or relevant institution
- Interpersonal skills
- Any other relevant information.
The complete application pack should be submitted to:
The College Secretary,
Presbyterian College of Education,
P. O. Box 27,
and soft copy to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 02 July 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP