Tetra Tech Announces Major New Job Openings!
Job Title: Grants and Subcontract Specialist, GFRA Project
The USAID-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA), implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for qualified candidates to fill the position of Grants and Subcontract Specialist. This position will be based in the main office in Accra.
The purpose of GFRA is to prevent the collapse of the small pelagic fishery sector in Ghana while improving supplemental livelihoods, resilience, and food security.
The role of the Grants and Subcontract Specialist is to lead the implementation of the project’s Grants under Contract (GUC) activities and Local Subcontracts under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party Operations (DCOP) and Chief of Party (COP) and in collaboration with the Project’s technical team.
The Grants and Subcontract Specialist is responsible for managing the entire GUC and subcontracts portfolio in compliance with USAID’s and Tetra Tech ARD’s procedures and policies. The Grants and Subcontract Specialist will build the capacity of staff and grantees in grant management and compliance.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Administer the Project’s GUC and subcontracts portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Tetra Tech Home Office Contracts, Grants, and Procurement Manager (HO CGPM) to tailor grant and subcontract templates to the project context
- Ensure compliance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID GUC and subcontract management policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the project team for annual planning to ensure the grant and subcontract program technical objectives are clearly defined and estimated timelines for solicitations are appropriate.
- Build the capacity of staff and grantees in GUC management; train staff in use of the manual and templates.
- Define and administer the grant and subcontract solicitation and selection processes in collaboration with technical staff and HO CGPM and in accordance to Tetra Tech ARD’s and USAID’s procedures and policies.
- Prepare grant and subcontract award and modification packages in accordance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID grants/subcontracts management policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage grant and subcontract finances in coordination with the DAF and their team; ensure timely payment to grantees and subcontractors, monitor total grant and subcontract funds prepare accurate projections and financial reports.
- Ensure all grant and subcontract-related documents (i.e., solicitations, grant agreements, competitive review processes, grantee and subcontract reports) meet USAID’s and Tetra Tech ARD quality standards.
- Support relevant technical staff in reviewing and approving technical deliverables and corresponding payments. If deliverables aren’t satisfactory, work with the technical staff to improve grantee and subcontractor performance and deliverables prior to making payment.
- Where necessary, develop training materials to train other project staff on grant and subcontract management practices.
- In collaboration with the HO CGP Manager, support the use of Tetra Tech’s Salesforce System that is responsive to the grant and subcontractor program for storing documentation and facilitating workflow processes.
- Work closely with HO CGPM on any updates/revisions to the USAID-approved grant manual; streamline grant manual procedures as necessary and train project staff on new systems.
- Closeout grants and subcontracts in accordance with the grant manual procedures and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Project objectives.
Required Skills or Experience
QUALIFICATIONS: (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (3) years experience in a similar position. Previous experience managing subcontracts and grants under contract for USAID-financed projects is strongly preferred.
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
How To Apply for this Job at Tetra Tech
Apply through GFRA.Applications@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- No phone calls will be accepted about these positions.
- The deadline for submission of applications is January 22, 2023, but applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE