Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Transport Officer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Transport Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Transport Officer is accountable for the monitoring and control of documentation and permits that cover Fleet Documentation, Inspections, Permits, and Driver management as well as controlling pool vehicles to standard. This is the point of control of operator skills in compliance to operating mobile plants, equipment, and vehicles underground.
Also accountable for the transition to operations, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes, and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero-defect objectives & safety.
- Adhere to the site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Gather information for the Superintendent – HME/LV & Trucks for reporting performance.
- Conduct periodic audits of all vehicle and driver documentation to verify compliance with all regulations
- Conduct reviews of the document control mechanisms and processes to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Organize information for the Superintendent – LME/HME to develop condition monitoring equipment checks;
- Ensure all pre-start checks are being carried out and check sheets completed and entered into document review, that all anomalies and issues are being correctly escalated for repair and maintenance
- Ensure all vehicles are programmed to be and are maintained in accordance with OEM requirements to maintain asset value
- Set, monitor and control the quality of work to develop roster and fleet and driver movement schedule for travels and pick up arrangements to and from airport, Obuasi, Kumasi, and Accra
- Analyze and trend predictive maintenance to determine vehicle condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for vehicle maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection, for example, oil analysis for engine and transmission, according to the established schedules and also as required by AGAG instructions
- Gather information on vibration & other data reported and collected in order to diagnose/troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programs and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of AGAG and contractor vehicles as required.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate document and transport work to the time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance on the asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical/Automobile Maintenance or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience
- An experienced document control officer, with experience of mine vehicle permits, operator permits and compliance
- Understand Ghana Highway Codes
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module
Must possess high-grade Ghanaian Valid license
- Strong document control competencies in the mining environment
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance system
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: December 6, 2021