- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized independent oil and gas company focused on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licenses across 15 countries.
Our Ghana office is looking to hire a Well Delivery Manager on a Permanent basis. This position will be a 28/28 onshore rotation role, at least for the first 12 months with the possibility of a full time employee position after that.
The purpose of the Well Delivery Manager is to lead and manage the Well Engineering team located in Ghana (Accra/Takoradi/On board Drilling Units) to deliver the required wells programmes in accordance with Tullow Well Engineering IMS, specific policies and procedures applicable to Ghana operations in the most cost-effective manner without harm to people and the environment.
This role will work closely with the Ghana Well Engineering Team in London to ensure well requirements are understood and reporting is in line with company requirements.
The Successful Candidate
Reporting to the Ghana/Group Well Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for –
- Delivery of well operations in accordance with specified requirements.
- Ensuring EHS requirements are understood by all parties associated with wells delivery and is an integral to all aspects of all activities.
- Leading the delivery of operational EHS performance.
- Review and approve operational programmes which account for and dictate best practice.
- Ensuring that all Well Engineering activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations and performed and recorded using the Group Well Engineering systems.
- Ensuring well engineering delivery objectives are met with due regard to set KPI’s.
- Development of a performance improvement culture within the team and delivering proven continual performance improvement
- Development of the Ghana Well Engineering Team into a coherent and efficient organization
- Personnel development for in-country personnel and promotion of local content.
- Ensuring that well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Building effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and government agencies.
Ideally you will be degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline and have extensive experience in a Well Engineering role with operating companies.
You will also be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the following areas:
- Experience of international environments, mindful of cultural differences and ways of working.
- Demonstrated strong people management and process management skills, able to motivate and deliver through others.
- Experience within the last five years in water depths greater than 800 metres.
- Knowledge and experience of running of, subsea well testing, and subsea tree / landing string systems.
- Work experience in remote locations and knowledge of work environments in West Africa.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship.
Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network.
We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 July. 2021