UPL is a leader in global food systems and with the acquisition of Arysta Life Science, is now one of the top 5 agricultural solutions companies worldwide. With revenue of US$5 billion, UPL has presence in 130 countries.
With market access to 90 percent of world’s food basket and focused on high-growth regions, UPL represents a compelling value proposition for growers, distributors, suppliers and innovation partners in a consolidating market.
UPL offers an integrated portfolio of both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for various arable and specialty crops, including biological, crop protection, seed treatment and post-harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.
Under the supervision of the Stewardship Officer W&CA / AMEANZ, the Stewardship Officer Ghana will:
- Promote the responsible use of plant protection products
- Minimize potential risks to human health and the environment
- Maximize the benefits of product use
- Develop, implement, and participate in the design of training tools adapted to various audiences (producers/farmers/technicians/agricultural technicians/institutional structures/etc)
- Participate in the design of training courses (analysis of users’ needs)
- Propose, design, and assist in the development of new training tools (PowerPoint, brochure, leaflet, etc)
- Produce pedagogical and methodological tools
- Carry out training activities with clients
- Carry out and running training courses
- Maintain follow-up documents (budgets, database, trainees, attendance lists, weekly, monthly, and annual training reports)
- Participate in prospecting and promotional activities
- Assist in the continuous improvement of training activities
- Set up the follow-up and evaluate training courses
- Collect information from the field and suggest innovations
- Measure end-user satisfaction and company perception and propose and implement measures for continuous improvement
- Maximize the use of plant protection products through proper application:
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair of treatment equipment
- Maintain relationships with key market partners and players and represent the company to government departments and professional organizations
Master degree in (agriculture/agronomy) with a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
Ability to conduct training courses within the set deadlines
- Mastery of technical issues of major crops in West Africa (cotton, market gardening, cereals, cocoa, industrial plantations, etc.)
- Knowledge of the risks/benefits related to the use of phytosanitary products in West Africa.
- Autonomous, with good interpersonal skills and an interest in human relations and communication
- Willingness to make proposals
- Responsible and proactive
- Driving licence
- Office tools (Pack Office)
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING