World Vision International Job Vacancies: Faith and Development Manager (April, 2021)
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision International Job Vacancies: Faith and Development Manager (April 2021)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To develop, integrate and monitor initiatives that nurture the spiritual formation of staff of World Vision Ghana; Spiritual nurture of children through field programming; establishment and monitoring of Church partnerships; and management of Interfaith relations.
The role is responsible for ensuring that Faith and Development Models are integrated into the various Technical Programmes thereby contributing to Child Wellbeing Objectives of the National Office (NO) and the Strategic Imperative 1 of Our Promise Partnership Strategy ‘Living our Christian Faith and Calling with Boldness and Humility’.
- Coordinate efforts to build the capacity of staff for effective “Witness to Jesus Christ through life, word, deed and signs” to reinforce WV’s Christian Identity
- Contribute to the sustenance of an ethos and culture in WV Ghana that is consistent with our Vision and Mission Statement, Core Values, Guiding Beliefs and Policies
- Develop and implement programmes that build staff spiritual formation and Christian Commitment capabilities
- Organize spiritual retreats, conferences, devotions, prayer sessions and other events that will enhance staff spiritual growth
- In collaboration with the P&C Director, contribute to the establishment of staff recruitment standards to ensure the spiritual commitment of prospective staff; assist in their orientation; and facilitate spiritual development when hired
- Work closely with P&C in areas of staff care and peer support.
- Provide staff with materials or resources to strengthen staff spiritual formation. These resources include the Annual Partnership Bible Study (APBS) Guide, “We are World Vision” resource, Lent resource, and the monthly Prayer Guide.
- Facilitate the capacity building of staff in Mission Immersion Progamme (MIP)
- Support staff understanding of F&D Policies
- Ensure the implementation and compliance to World Vision Ghana’s contextualized SNC policy.
- Provide technical support and coordination to WV Area Programmes (APs) for the effective spiritual nurture of children and youth, through Child Clubs, Young Ambassadors, in alignment with CWB Objectives
- Ensure that Periodic refresher training on SNC policy will be an ongoing process for field staff.
- Ensure the functioning Community Children’s Clubs to invest in formation and equipping of community Children’s Clubs, which serve as a vehicle for achieving SNC and value-based life skills objectives
- Collaborate with Children in Ministry (CiM) Partners including Para church CiM partners, e.g., Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), Scripture Union (SU), Ghana Fellowship of Evangelical Students (GHAFES) and denominational CiM partners e.g., the Children’s Ministries of the various church denominations are the implementing partners in SNC.
- Promote the Capacity Building of SNC Partners including Children’s Club monitors/ facilitators as well as CiM partners, including Local Council of Churches who (LCC) need periodic refresher training to update them on emerging trends in children’s ministry
- Ensure Value-Based Life Skills/ Compassionate activities, including the Environment are integrated in Children’s Club meetings
- Ensure Vacation camps for children and youth where life skills, career guidance and moral values are taught
- Ensure children are engaged in Prayer activities through Mobilization of prayer campaigns involving children and mothers to underscore WV’s dependence on God
- Ensure that families, parents, communities, and staff will have their capacities built in the Celebrating Families Curriculum designed to equip them in their role as primary care givers in SNC
- Facilitate the strategic integration of Faith and Development in Strategy and Programming.
- Ensure that Strategic Imperative 1 of Our Promise Partnership Strategy is fully upheld across the National Office
- Facilitate the integration of F&D Core project models and ensure each Technical Programme is implementing appropriate and related models in F&D.
- Enhance the capacity of programming staff (national and field level) on F&D core project models
- Ensure documentation and learning in F&D integration in programming
- Support the reporting of F&D deliverables in Horizon, Monthly reports, semi-annual reports and Annual reports and grant project reports.
- Support resource acquisition to increase F&D programming portfolio
- Facilitate strategic partnership with church leaders to promote the well-being of children
- Strengthen Collaboration with National Church Bodies and Christian Ministries in the areas of Spiritual Nurture of Children, Child Wellbeing, Peace-building, Child Protection and Advocacy.
- Coordinate efforts to build the capacity of church leaders for effective “Witness to Jesus Christ through life, word, deed and signs”
- Strengthen the Local Council of Churches in all WV Programming Areas
- Involve churches in discerning spiritual realities in operational areas through the use of spiritual landscaping and confronting/ engagement of spiritual forces resisting change.
- Advocate and form alliances with churches in response to situations of child/ human rights and community concerns.
- Work with Churches to sustain their involvement in CWB issues in WASH, health, youth and adolescent life skills training, education and other relevant sectors in alignment with WVG Strategy.
- Ensure that WVG collaborate/participates with churches in prayer campaigns/ movements/ events, which are either WVG initiated or Church initiated.
- Facilitate inter-faith engagements and programming, as appropriate, to contribute to child well-being
- Promote capacity building of Staff and Church partners in interfaith approach to development, including using WVI module “Exploring Islam: A Guide to Interfaith Relations in Islamic Contexts”.
- Engage and work with local Faith leaders and faith bodies in interfaith approach to addressing issues of mutual interests – CWB, Peace-building, Child Protection, WASH, maternal and child health, and other CWB issues.
- Facilitate the provision of requisite resources for use by interfaith cooperation groups such as WASH Sermon Guide for Moslems, etc.
- Provide capacity building for staff and faith leaders in F&D models on interfaith engagements in relation to specific programming based on context
- Ensure monthly/quarterly devotional guides are produced and shared with leadership and all staff
- Monitor daily devotions and ensure their functionality across departments and programmes
- Ensure weekly prayer vigils are held with all staff
- Ensure proper planning for key spiritual events such as Spiritual retreats, October Day of Prayer, Christmas, Easter Services, etc.
- Build capacity of F&D support staff and establish F&D Champions across Cluster Offices to promote F&D work
- Work with PE team on other deliverables related to Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation; Knowledge Management; Risk Management and any other PE related functions.
- Must demonstrate exemplary Christian character
- Good understanding of and respect for Christian diversity in the country and ability to effectively work with different denominations.
- Good knowledge of and commitment to World Vision, objectives, ministries and systems, and its ethos, Mission Statement, core values, philosophy of work and other Core documents.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and manage programs as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to represent World Vision in national and international fora.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing
- Must have proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Have technical competencies to support the organization in TDI CI Measurements and CC assessments as internal consultant.
- Able to lead, and train others to lead, daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required:
- 1st Degree in Theology, Christian Education or any of the social sciences
- Post graduate qualification in related discipline preferred
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience in a similar position
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 40% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
How to Apply
Please submit your CV in English.
Click here to Apply Online
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP