School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education.
SfL supports civil society playing a strong role in pushing for equitable access to quality education, thus contributing to SDG 4 and SDG 5.
School for Life engages in evidence-based advocacy and collaborates closely with civil society education actors and education authorities on district, regional and national level. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
School for Life is leading a Consortium including YEFL-Ghana and the Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA) to implement a new project: “Citizens Led Action for Educational Accountability and Responsiveness in Ghana” (CLEAR), sponsored by Global Partnership for Education’s fund for advocacy and social accountability “Education Out Loud” and managed by OXFAM IBIS.
The project is aimed at contributing to equitable access to quality basic education for children in deprived areas of Ghana by strengthening transparency and accountability through citizens generated data and the facilitation of spaces for advocacy and stakeholder engagements.
- Location: Multiple (Regions: Northern, North-East, Savannah, Upper East and Upper West)
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Duration: Minimum of 2 years (with possibility of extension)
This position is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in a designated district in the Northern, North-East, Savannah, Upper East, or Upper West regions.
He/she shall be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of project activities in the designated districts and project communities including community/citizen mobilization, district and community stakeholder engagements.
He/She shall work closely with project staff to ensure planned activities (including capacity building of citizens groups) are effectively and efficiently implemented.
- Judicial Service of Ghana latest employment opportunities
- Job Vacancy At Labadi Beach Hotel
- New Job Vacancies Available At Legendary Foods Ltd
- Lindt Cocoa Foundation Invites Job Applications
- Marinel International School Invites Job Applications
- Vacancy Announcement|| DAI Invites Job Applications
- Accounting, Marketing, Driving And Public Relations Jobs Available
- Carry out project activity implementation with the support of the Project Coordinator and technical advisors
- Lead the mobilisation of citizens and youth groups as well as other key stakeholders at the district and community levels
- Provide ongoing support to the citizens and youth groups in the generation if evidence for advocacy engagements at local and national levels
- Coordinate and collaborate with the district and local authorities, NGOs, CBO’s and other relevant stakeholders in the district in the implementation of project activities
- Responsible for communities’ involvement and the implementation of project activities in the designated districts
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement and advocacy activities at the district level with the support of the programme team
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts with traditional authorities, MMDA’s, citizens groups and community representatives in the district
- Prepare and submit quality and timely activity, monthly, quarterly and situational reports to the Project Coordinator
- Responsible for the monitoring and learning tasks within the designated districts, responsible for data collection at community and district level
- Represent SfL in relevant forums and networks at district level and share information and lessons learned
- Responsible for the security and safety of project assets at the district
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in education, development studies, social science, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in the NGO or CSO sector with focus on education interventions in Ghana
- Knowledge and experience in activity planning and budgeting
- Communiyt mobilization, advocacy and stakeholder engagement skills
- Knowledge and experience in project monitoring and reporting
- Should be able to ride a motorbike in difficult terrains
- Must be a strong team player
- Diligent and able to self-initiate
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages used in the program area
- High skills in ICT, Microsoft Suite, internet, and the use of social media for communication
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested applicants should visit the School for Life website: to complete the application process.
CLOSING DATE: The application must be submitted not later than 23.59H GMT on 18th March 2022.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Females with the relevant qualification and experience are highly encouraged to apply.