New Job Advertisement at Proforest
POSITION: Communications Manager
Proforest is a mission driven organisation with a 20+ year track record of supporting the transition to sustainable production and sourcing of agricultural and forest commodities. We are a not-for-profit group with a global presence across Latin America, Africa, Europe and Southeast Asia, and work with governments, the private sector and civil society to deliver positive outcomes for people, nature and climate in the places agricultural commodities are produced.
Our clients are well-known consumer brands, such as Unilever, Nestlé, PepsiCo and Mars, and some of the world’s largest traders and integrated producers including Cargill, Olam, Wilmar and Cofco. We combine our consultancy work with longer-term programmes supported by institutional funders, with all profits re-invested in delivering our mission.
Are you passionate about working on environmental and social issues? Are you a natural communicator who can work across platforms, create different types of content and help to organise a busy workplace? This is an exciting opportunity to join a global team and use a broad range of skills in a dynamic organisation that is working at the forefront of responsible sourcing and production of agricultural commodities around the world.
You will be based in Accra, Ghana and will lead the internal and external communications activities in our Africa operations, working within a global team. English is our global working language, but a good working knowledge of French is highly beneficial.
Proforest Africa is looking for an organised self-starter with broad communications skills to support the internal and external communications around our technical work, across grant-funded programmes, client consultancy projects, capacity building and training.
You will be the only communications manager in the region, working closely with colleagues in the technical and operational teams with a range of responsibilities:
- Internal comms – supporting knowledge sharing and information flow in the region
- Events – supporting regional events (online, in-person, hybrid) including training, and identify opportunities for Proforest to engage at other events
- Content creation – helping technical teams with e.g. including PowerPoint, Word, visuals
- Editing – editing and proofing written reports or documentation
- Translations – coordinating content translations
- Stakeholder engagement – identifying and engaging relevant stakeholders (for individual projects or regional Proforest strategy)
- Media – liaising with global comms director on proactive or responsive media opportunities
- Capacity building – upskilling local staff in basic design (e.g. PPT), writing and other skills
- Drafting updates and organising translations for our website or creating photo stories (with the opportunity to take part, of course)
- Supporting our technical teams with webinars, publications, photography, presentations etc
You will also be part of a global communications team, with responsibility for projects or platforms used around the world, and joint activities:
- Global brand – representing regional requirements and input to global projects, such as a new Proforest video
- Communications strategy – feeding into global strategy and planned activity
- Website updates – managing regional content updates, including project overviews, new joiners, vacancies
- Social media channels – planning and creating regional content for global Twitter and LinkedIn accounts; while exploring regional networks and opportunities to engage, or support reginal director’s engagement
- Photo library – updating central image repository with relevant photos for the region
- Project management – Providing a single point of contact on projects needing global design or other requirements, ensuring effective project management and delivery of work
- Project lead – take ownership and strategic lead for one of our global platforms or processes
Salary: Up to 84,000 per annum, depending on experience
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience managing communications and stakeholder engagements in a related field or sector
- Experience in media or stakeholder engagement in Ghana
- Familiarity with digital platforms and main social media channels
- MSOffice skills (working with templates in Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Good editing skills, proof-reading and writing, also working in video and audio
- Highly organised with experience managing multiple projects, ideally with global teams
How to Apply for this Job Advertisement at Proforest
Please send a cover letter outlining any relevant experience and why you would be a good fit for the role at Proforest, with your CV to AfricaHR@proforest.net
Closing Date: 15th December, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE