2023 University of Michigan-Dearborn Graduate Scholarships For International Students
Applications are open for international students to apply for the 2023 University of Michigan-Dearborn Scholarships. The university is a public university situated in Dearborn, Michigan. It is one of the 14 universities in the state of Michigan.
There are over 50 graduate programs available to international students.
List of Programs Available At The University of Michigan
1 . Firstly, the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters
- Applied and Computational Mathematics (MS)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice (MS)*
- Environmental Science (MS)
- Psychology/Clinical Health or Health (MS)
- Public Administration and Policy (MPAP)
2 . Secondly, College of Business
- Accounting (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA) *
- Business Analytics (MS)
- Finance (MS)*
- Information Systems (MS)
- Marketing (MS)
- Supply Chain Management (MS)
Also, Dual-Degree Programs
- Accounting (MS) and Finance (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA) and Finance (MS)*
- Business Administration (MBA) and Health Services Administration (MHSA from Ann Arbor)
- Business Administration (MBA) and Information Systems (MS)
- Business Administration (MBA) and Industrial & Systems Engineering (MSE)*
- Business Administration (MBA) and Supply Chain Management (MS)
3 . Thirdly, College of Education, Health, and Human Services
- Applied Behavior Analysis (MS)
- Community Based Education (MA)
- Education (EdD)
- Education Specialist (EdS)
4 . Also, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence (MS)*
- Automotive Systems and Mobility (D.Eng.)
- Computer and Information Science (PhD)
- Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Engineering (PhD)
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (PhD)
- Mechanical Sciences and Engineering (PhD)
- Automotive Systems Engineering (MSE)*
- Bioengineering (MSE)
Moreover, Dual-Degree Program
For more information about available courses, CLICK HERE
BENEFITS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-DEARBORN SCHOLARSHIP
The International Undergraduate Scholarship awards an annual scholarship of $10,000.
- An international student that holds a valid visa
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Full-time degree-seeking enrollment at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Renewable with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at UM-Dearborn
CHECKLIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-DEARBORN
1 . Firstly, College of Business Graduate Admission Scholarship
The College of Business provides a merit-based scholarship to a number of outstanding newly-admitted students each year. Thus, the scholarship covers the cost of tuition at the in-state rate for the recipients’ 5th, 10th, and if applicable 15th 3-credit courses.
Therefore, recipients are chosen during the graduate admission process based primarily on previous GPA, GMAT/GRE scores, as well as work experience. However, there is no separate application process.
Hence, recipients are expected to complete at least five courses each year. Typically two in the fall term, two in the winter term, and one in a summer half-term.
2 . Non-Resident Tuition Scholarship
This Scholarship is for students who do not qualify as residents of the State of Michigan. It covers 80% of the difference between the residential and non-residential graduate tuition rates. Also, this scholarship is renewable in subsequent terms and is up to the number of credits in the student’s degree program. Therefore, students must meet GPA, employment, and other criteria listed on the application form.
On this note, application deadlines are November 15, March 15, and July 15 for each subsequent term.
3 . Thirdly, Scholarships for UM Employees
Also, the University of Michigan-Dearborn offers a UM employee scholarship which is valued at 25% of tuition and fees for all U-M employees. Thus, this scholarship is awarded in addition to 75% of tuition and fees. It is provided with the University of Michigan Tuition Support Policy, which is equal to 100% of tuition and fees. Therefore, it is up to the number of credit hours allowed in your department each semester.
4 . Also, University-wide Scholarships
The Kochoff Pathway to Success Graduate Scholarship is another need-based scholarship provided through the Office of Financial Aid. Hence, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Also, students may be eligible to apply for additional graduate scholarships offered through the Office of Financial Aid.
5 . Another is, the Federal Financial Aid
Also, this scholarship is offered to United States citizens and permanent residents. Thus, students may apply for need-based loans and grants by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
6 . Additionally, Non-Resident Graduate Tuition Scholarship
- The Basic eligibility: For graduate students who are classified as a non-resident for tuition assessment
- Scholarship amount: Offers up to 80% of the difference between resident and non-resident tuition assessment.
- Closing date: For newly admitted graduate students in the College of Arts, Sciences, & Letters (CASL); the College of Education, Health, & Human Services (CEHHS); as well as the College of Engineering & Computer Science (CECS), the awarding process is automated. Therefore, students in the College of Business (COB) should submit this brief application form to be considered.
- Also, Visit the Non-Resident Graduate Tuition Scholarship webpage to learn more.
7 . Furthermore, the Current Student Scholarship Program
- Scholarship amount: There are several scholarships available. However, awards may vary
- Closing Date: Varies by scholarship
- Additionally, Visit the Current Student Scholarship webpage to learn more.
8 . Center for the Education of Women (CEW) Scholarship Program
- Award amount: Over 60 scholarships are awarded annually ranging from $1,000 to $11,000
- Deadline: May 7, 2020
- Furthermore, Visit the Center for the Education of Women (CEW) Scholarship Program webpage to learn more.
9 . Another Scholarship is City Year Detroit Alumni Scholarship
- Basic eligibility: It is awarded to students who successfully complete the City Year Detroit experience
- Scholarship amount: It is up to $5350 and is available each year, for up to two years (four semesters)
- Also, visit the City Year Detroit Alumni Scholarship webpage to learn more.
10, Also, the Community Service Personnel Scholarship
- Basic eligibility: This scholarship is awarded to degree-seeking students who are public safety employees at partnering organizations
- Scholarship amount: 20% of tuition and fees
- Furthermore, Visit the Community Service Personnel Scholarship webpage to learn more.
11 . In addition, King-Chavez-Parks Initiative, Future Faculty Fellowship Program
- Basic eligibility: This is offered to candidates pursuing faculty teaching careers in postsecondary education
- Scholarship amount: The scholarship amount depends on financial needs; $20,000 maximum for master’s students, $35,000 maximum for doctoral students
- Closing Date: June 30 for fall enrollment; October 31 for winter enrollment
- Moreover, Visit the King-Chavez-Parks Initiative, Future Faculty Fellowship Program webpage to learn more.
12 . Last but not least, Michigan Nonprofit Association Scholarship
- Basic eligibility: Also, this is offered to degree-seeking students who are employees of the Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) member organization
- Scholarship amount: 20% of tuition and fees
- Also, Visit the Michigan Nonprofit Association Scholarship webpage to learn more.
13 . Lastly, U-M Employee Scholarship Program
- Basic eligibility: Thus, the scholarship is offered to the staff and faculty of the entire University of Michigan System who attend the University of Michigan-Dearborn as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student.
- Scholarship amount: 25% of tuition and fees
- Closing Date: No later than the first day of classes
- Besides the above, Visit the U-M Employee Scholarship Program webpage to learn more.
Also, for more scholarship updates, CLICK HERE.