Job Vacancy For Environmental Advisor at Tullow Oil
About Tullow Oil
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognized independent oil and gas company focused on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licenses across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking for an Environment Advisor on a permanent basis, based in Accra Ghana. The successful candidate will fulfill a critical role in ensuring that an organization meets all statutory requirements and industry and Company standards with regard to the environment. He or She will ensure that the environmental impact of technical and engineering project design and ongoing production operations are fully considered and minimized.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through language, behavior, and actions
- Visible commitment to the Life Safety Rules and Tullow Values
- Educate, influence, persuade and challenge others to lead and promote sustainability
- Be able to critically analyze, interpret and report environmental data and information to inform sustainable decision-making and provide advice
- Strong understanding of Environment Management processes e.g., Auditing, Impact Analysis, OSPAR regulations, EPA EIA & permitting requirements, ISO 14001 requirements
- Awareness of Ghanaian legislation requirements and best practices for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Strong data management, statistical, analytical, and Microsoft Office software skills
- Ability to display data in an effective and visually appealing format and effectively communicate results and advice trends
- Familiarity with Ghanaian culture, communities, and local community issues
- Strong ability and passion to drive/ influence good environmental behaviors or practices
- Knowledge in environmental monitoring and surveys (air, land, water pollution issues)
- Knowledge of emissions, climate change, and major environmental themes
Qualification And Experience
- Degree or higher education qualification in Environmental Management/ Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience; previous experience in Environmental Management roles with an offshore operator preferred but not essential
- Membership in chartered institutions or professional societies (e.g., IEMA)
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
HOW TO APPLY?
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date of application is September 25, 2022
A performance-driven culture that generates results. A commitment to your personal and professional development. A chance to make a difference in our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people. A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities. Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network.
We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives, and benefits that are designed to attract, retain, and motivate the best talent in our industry.