2022 Mister Gees Foundation Scholarship
Applications are open for students to apply for the 2022 Mister Gees Foundation Scholarship.
The purpose of the scholarship is to financially assist two UK students who are unable to obtain Scottish Funding Council and/or Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre funding.
Thus, the scholarship will be awarded to a UK national who has achieved a place at the University of Stirling. Interested applicants should be studying an MSc in Sustainable Aquaculture full-time within the Institute of Aquaculture.
Mister Gees Foundation Scholarship Coverage
Successful applicants will be awarded in the form of a £5,000 grant to cover tuition fees as well as living costs following full enrolment.
Find out more about our MSc Sustainable Aquaculture
Who Qualify to Apply
- Interested applicants must hold a minimum of 2.1 honors degrees.
- Also, applicants must have an offer to the MSc Sustainable Aquaculture course to be eligible for this scholarship.
- However, priority is given to candidates unable to access other funding support.
How To Apply For Mister Gees Foundation Scholarship
Interested applicants should send their CV, student number, country of residence, and a statement up to 500 words outlining what they hope to achieve with a Master’s degree from the Institute of Aquaculture by email to the Course Administrator, Richard Kane, using the subject header “MR GEES APPLICATION”.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The application deadline is 6 August 2022.
- To begin with, the selection panel will meet on Friday 19 August 2022 and the decision of the panel is final and feedback regarding the decision will not be provided to the student body.
- Secondly, in the event of the scholarship awardee choosing to withdraw from the course, or defer entry, the panel reserve the right to request the repayment of fees, or to withdraw their offer of support.
- Also, each successful scholar will be asked to sign an agreement that will outline the conditions of the offer relating to this scholarship and they will be expected to produce a brief report to funders on their activity and findings at the end of their MSc course.
- However, if the scholar ceases to be a registered student at the University of Stirling or does not fulfill the terms of their signed agreement, the scholarship would be suspended immediately and they may be required to return any overpayments.
- Also, note that this scholarship can not be used in combination with other scholarship funding.
- Lastly, applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after 19 August.
Also, for more scholarship updates, CLICK HERE.