Exciting Career Opportunity at Puma Energy
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Officer
Advice Puma Energy Group (Puma Energy Distribution Ghana Limited, Blue Ocean Investments Limited and Kpone Marine Services) on best regulatory compliance practices in Ghana. This is to ensure, enforce and adhere strictly to regulations in the Petroleum Downstream industry.
Develop a comprehensive Legal Register covering all statutory stipulations for all lines of business and send frequent and timely reports on same to the General Manager, HSSEC Manager and various Heads of Department.
Compliance – Environmental Protection Agency
- Ensure timely attainment and renewal of all environmental permits/certificates for all Puma Energy Group entities; BDC – Terminals in Accra, Tema and Takoradi and OMC – Retail outlets nationwide.
- Ensure all permit conditions stated in the schedule of the permit is strictly complied with to avoid any sanctions.
- Ensure value for money audits are conducted during tendering processes in selecting environmental consultants.
- Advice and disseminate environmental information and best practices as appropriate.
- Educate staff and management on environmental permit conditions on the regular.
- Serve as the main focal point between the Company and the Environmental Protection Agency Head office and its regional and district offices.
- Conduct quarterly audits to ascertain whether various entities are enforcing the conditions of the permits and issue reports for corrective action.
Ghana National Fire Service –
- Serves as the main focal point between the Company and the Ghana National Fire Service.
- Ensure all depots, offices, and retail stations have and display conspicuously their fire certificates.
- Ensure all conditions prescribed in the fire certificates are met.
- Conduct quarterly audits to ascertain whether various entities are enforcing the conditions of the certificate.
- Timely dissemination of information from GNFS to all relevant stakeholders within the Puma Energy Group.
- Properly document all letters and copies of the certificate.
National Petroleum Authority
- To begin with, Liaise with the department of licensing to ensure all licenses for operations and all fees duly paid.
- Then, Ensure NPA is notified 60 clear days before the end of the year about intentions to renew licenses for operations (OMC, BDC, Export, Bunkering Services, Offshore Bunkering, Depot operating and retail outlet licenses).
- Also, Deepen existing relationships with the Licensing team.
- Afterward, Ensure all bulk consumers are duly registered to avoid sanctions for unauthorized supplies.
- Lastly, Be the focal point for communication between Puma Energy and NPA.
Inspections and Monitoring
- Liaise with the I & M team to ensure all identified shortcomings are resolved in record time to avoid station shutdowns.
- Share inspection reports with respective line management and keep a tracker to closure.
- Vet all proposed ‘No objection sites’ prior to applying for approval.
- Phish out for information from NPA about prospective sites to be added onto the Puma Energy network.
Unified Petroleum Pricing Fund (UPPF)
- Ensure all stations are well captured under ERDMS platform to avoid unauthorized supplies.
- Educate dealers and TMs about UPPF operations and procedures.
Petroleum Product Marking Scheme
- Firstly, Ensure only marked petroleum products are sent and discharged at stations.
- Secondly, Ensure all products sent to stations carry along their marked certificates.
- Thirdly, Ensure dealers do not indulge in third party fuel supplies to avoid sanctions.
- Moreover, Ensure all fuel pumps discharge at the accepted levels in the country.
- Furthermore, Ensure all meters and skids are properly calibrated and certificates well-kept for review during audits.
- Additionally, Keep a tracker of schedules for calibration, verification and operationalization of implements and stations.
- More so, Prompt payment of all license fees to the Authority.
- Afterwards, Ensure dealers do not drop or temper with the levels of fuel pumps at any of the stations.
- Finally, Liaise with all GSA officials in country to ensure operations are not altered due to any uneventful shutdowns.
Ghana Revenue Authority
- The arm of the regulators that guides and issues bonded warehouse licenses for Ridge, TMPT and Takoradi terminals.
- Then, Yearly warehouse license fees are paid and bonds are executed to hold petroleum products in tanks.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Compliance and HSSEC:
Quality Management System Compliance
- Comply and support the Quality Management system in all aspects of your role.
- Adopt and implement the principles of continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
- Ensure the awareness of customer requirements (internal & external) are promoted throughout the business.
- Review, monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Engage, support and continuously improve communication processes that support the quality management system and provide positive outcomes for the business, customers and key stakeholders.
Workplace Health & Safety
- Firstly, Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- Secondly, Take reasonable care that your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons
- Thirdly, Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction and training that is given
- Moreover, Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure relating to health, safety or environment at the workplace that has been notified to you
- Additionally, Attend and actively participate in consultative arrangements such as toolbox talks and risk assessments
- Then, Ensure that any hazards, incidents, accidents or near-hits are reported to your supervisor.
- Also, Use machinery and equipment (including personal protective equipment-PPE) only in accordance with the procedures and training provided to you.
- More so, Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures and the location of first aid and fire equipment.
- Besides that, Ensure your activities do not cause, or are not likely to cause, environmental harm
- Afterwards, Minimize waste; separate reusable and recyclable materials from the general waste stream, use bins provided.
- Finally, Clean up spills appropriately and notify your Supervisor.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Internal – General Manager, Retail Management Team, Finance Department
External – Service Station owners, Government Departments, Developers, Various MMDAs, Emergency Services
Closing Date: 18th November 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE