Demand H&S Specialist – Africa at Guinness
- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons.
And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
About the Role:
Reports to Health & Safety Programme Manager
Location is flexible and the role holder can be based anywhere in Africa.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to take the roadmap created by the H&S program managers and SME managers and lead all improve work, implementing at pace and in a standardized way.
This role will focus specifically on the Demand organization in Diageo, including all offices, commercial business activities and all driving. The H&S specialist translates the Transform work and implements the global roadmap for IMPROVE activities, similar in all markets.
The role is key to assure Diageo processes globally via codified leading systems. The person in this role is a functional expert and part of the Global Team, yet works daily with a specific market / market to deliver codified IMPROVE projects throughout the world, based on the annual roadmap. Execution is at site level.
- Focus exclusively on Demand safety, now a consistent contributor to Diageo global KPI incident rates
- Work hand in hand with market teams to implement the ‘Improve’ agenda.
- Focus on driving on public roads, office safety and integrating Health, Safety and into Commercial business DNA.
- Leads ‘Improve’ work with markets/regions.
- Empowered and enabled by Global, the person in this role is the custodian of policies, standards, ways of working, methods of analysis and KPIs for the market in question.
- Translate the ‘Transform’ deliverables and bring to markets/regions for execution
- Aligns annual implementation plans with markets including prioritization and resource requirements
- Deliver codified annual and 5 year roadmaps and focus on ‘Improve’ and not on ‘Run’.
- Brings clear roles and responsibilities to engagements with markets, and Supply Chain and Commercial Leadership Teams aimed at developing high quality solutions, implementing at pace in a standardized way.
Excellence in Supply Chain:
- Upholds Standards – The role holder will be expected to embrace the DIAGEO standards, apply them effectively in their role and adhere to them at all times.
- Performance Management – The role holder will understand the importance of KPIs in driving performance; know how to track their targets and correct as appropriate.
Continuous Improvement – The role holder will be expected to be flexible and embrace change, continually looking for ways to improve everything they do. They will use various continuous improvement tools and techniques to solve problems. They will also be expected to own the relationship with the following key external stakeholders: suppliers, contractors, external audit, external governmental agencies, key internal stakeholders
We’re looking for an individual with strong interpersonal and influencing skills across different international cultures. Someone with the ability to influence, persuade/convince, compromise, build consensus and resolve conflicts.
The successful candidate will have experience of leading in a market, international or global environment with demonstrated and proven ability working as a H&S professional, within a commercial/office environment.
You will have a minimum of 10 years of senior industrial experience in Health & Safety; Preferably within a manufacturing environment and preferably in food/drink, pharmaceutical or energy sectors delivering a similar office and commercial programme with exposure to the following areas: Safety Leadership, Management influencing, Standards development, Systems & procedures implementation and Project management.
In addition, you will have a senior externally recognised Health & Safety qualification relevant to the role with a minimum of 5 years experience in the specific area of Demand Safety including offices, commercial, sales, day to day activities and driving on public roads.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base.We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY
CLOSING DATE : 26 May. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP