GIZ Ghana is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy, and the environment, and peace and security.
SCOPE OF WORK
- The Junior HR Officer is primarily responsible for providing support to the HR team in dealing with all tasks and responsibilities assigned such as employee relations, onboarding, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance
- The Junior Human Resource Officer provides support in day to day HR administration assistance and operational activities providing support to the entire HR Team
- Assisting to identify relevant HR-related problems and issues and assisting in formulating
corrective implementation-oriented solutions in support assist with handling HR requests from staff and managers and assisting to resolve them
- Assisting with HR data management, filing, updating files, contract management, exit management, and knowledge management by disseminating and documenting know-how. experience and information in the HR department.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Outstanding university degree; preferably HR qualification, Business administration, law or sociology (if possible with a focus on HR administration or management) or comparable degree
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
- Practical or basic knowledge of HRIS Software (SAP) or any other software comparable
Other Knowledge, additional competencies required:
- Very good communication skills (written and oral)
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft application suite (e.g. MS office suite such as Msword, PowerPoint, excel, etc.)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of national labor law basic knowledge and understanding of HR principles, practices, procedures, and contract management
- Very good command of the English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of the German language is an asset
- Competitive salary, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/02.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Closing Date: The deadline for submission of the application is February 4, 2022
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider the application unsuccessful.