New Employment Opportunity at ODI
The AfCFTA Secretariat and ODI are looking to recruit 2 (two) Programme Management Officers placed in the AfCFTA Secretariat to support the National African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Implementation Committees in the implementation of the agreement. This position is part of the UK FCDO support to ODI under the Supporting Investment and Trade in Africa (SITA) programme. The Programme Management Officers will be based in the Directorate for Institutional Matters and Programmes Coordination (AfCFTA Secretariat), Accra, Ghana.
Objective of the Assignment:
The main objective of this assignment is to provide support to the AfCFTA Secretariat in ensuring national level preparedness for implementation of the Agreement and support the AfCFTA National Implementation Committees.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Programme Management Officers will work under the direct supervision of the AfCFTA Secretariat Director for Institutional Matters and Programmes Coordination. In order to achieve the above-mentioned objective, the Officers will work with the staff of the AfCFTA Secretariat to perform the following key tasks:
- To begin with, Ensure the timely distribution of supporting documentation for the meetings of the various levels of the AfCFTA Institutions and post-meeting minutes (Reports);
- Then, Ensure that appropriate venues, public address and other conference facilities, translation and interpretation services, and secretarial support are provided for all meetings of the AfCFTA Institutions;
- Also, Refer all necessary clearances on the AfCFTA administrative and financial management systems to the office of the Secretary General once they have been approved by the Director;
- Moreover, Assist the Director to maintain and disseminate an up-to-date schedule of all current and future meetings of all levels of the AfCFTA Institutions;
- Additionally, Ensure the collection, preservation, referencing and filing of copies of all supporting documentation, short-term study reports and recommendations, agendas, minutes, and other documents prepared for and used by all of the meetings of the various levels of the AfCFTA Institutions;
- Afterwards, Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
- Last but not least, Collaborate (in coordination with the AfCFTA Secretariat) in the activities of the partnership between the AfCFTA Secretariat, ODI and the UK FCDO.
- Finally, Report to ODI periodically on the activities performed as part of the position.
But The AfCFTA Secretariat will provide a managing structure for this post.
University bachelor’s degree in economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Project Management, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
Five years of experience in the field of socio-economic development, in Governments or International Organizations.
Working knowledge of English and French.
The selected candidate must be a citizen of any of the African Union members.
Contract length and modality
A service contract between ODI and the candidate until March 2023 (renewable)
Station duty: Accra, Ghana. The programme will fund only travel expenses to the post for the selected candidate. Other relocation costs will not be funded.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at ODI
Send CV and letter of introduction before 26 June 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE