- The successful person will act as the local market lead for Cyber Security, responsible for all security elements within the networks and IT Function.
- He/She will work with the local CTO and the Vodafone Regional Cyber Security Lead to ensure adequate budget, resource and management focus is on cybersecurity risks and will be responsible for delivering a fully transparent budget planning and purchasing process for spend related to cybersecurity activities.
- In addition, the Head of Cyber Security will be responsible for ensuring the risks for the local market, in terms of cybersecurity, are effectively managed and will drive forward the CSB strategic program within the local market with the technology support.
- Again, the successful candidate will act as a local control and facilitation point for cybersecurity-related tasks and activities, which are executed in other parts of the local organization in order to ensure a reliable end to end chain of responsibility from group to local technical execution.
- He/She will report to the Vodafone Regional Cyber Security Lead with a dotted matrix reporting line to the local market Technology Director. The Head of Cyber Security plays an active role as a member of the local Technology Leadership Team, is able to understand business priorities and to get the right balance between local and global strategy delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the single point of contact for the local market Cyber Security Community liaising with the Global Cyber Security Functions
- Responsible for the effective implementation of security in all local products and services within the local market, ensuring that all risks are effectively managed or mitigated
- Manage all staff working on technology security within the local market and region where appropriate
- Responsible for effectively capturing and monitoring the local market Cyber Security risks and managing these on the group risk management platform
- Responsible for ensuring all cyber security and risk management processes are optimized for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining operational excellence within the local market and achieving and maintain IS027001 standard for the local operations and data centres where appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring that local technology security is effectively resourced in terms of budget and people to effectively manage the local risk, working with the CTO and Vodafone Regional Cyber Security Lead
- Acts as the final security escalation point within the local market for all cyber security operational issues
- Acts as the Sponsor for the global security programmes within the local market
- Works closely with the local and group corporate security function and the local and group internal audit functions to ensure adequate segregation of duties and effective end to end security for the local market
- Responsible for ensuring all security technology purchases or solutions are in line with the group strategy
- Identify and promote industry best practice for technology security, and security risk management for the local market
- Approve expenditure against cyber security OPEX and CAPEX budgets within the local market
Qualification and Experience
• Must be Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or IT
• 10-15 years of experience, 5+ Years working in a Telecommunications/Banking or Data network or related service industry
• Must have Excellent Network and IT security skills
• Skilled in relationship management – getting closer to the customer
• Stakeholder management at senior levels
• Interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, reliable, team player and committed to Vodafone security strategic goals delivery actively.
• Understanding of delivery frameworks:
• ISO 27001/SOX – PCI DSS – GDPR knowledge
• Project Management
• Change Management
• Incident response/ Supplier Risk Risk Assessment/Compliance and Assurance
• Experience with the following technologies:
• Cloud AWS, Azure, and others
• WAN technologies
• DNS & WAF DDoS Protection
• Professional Certification in area of information security
• Experience in leading roles into SecbyDesign processes