Project Officer Job Opportunity at GrowthAid
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for GrowthAid Recruitment 2022.
- Job Title: Project Officer
- Place of Work: Tema- Ghana
- Reports to: Programmes Manager
- Main Relationship: Operations Manager, Programmes Manager, Executive Director, HR and Administration Officer, Consultants, Contractors.
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases. GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services.
We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
The Project Officer is responsible for all actions in the project’s environment. He/she shall plan and coordinate the delivery of all actions across the project space to ensure timely implementation and efficient use of resources.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Firstly, Planning and managing the delivery of water, sanitation, hygiene services in project spaces allocated to them and be responsible for the outcomes.
- Secondly, As part of the task above, prepare a consolidated work plan for water, sanitation, hygiene and NTD response services as a planning and management tool for all to use.
- Thirdly, Identifying and attracting skills required to implement the work plans for the year. These include, but not be limited to, specialized training in the areas of water, hygiene, sanitation services delivery. Clear examples here are WATSAN training, training on sanitation delivery approaches, etc.
- Then, Field management of project teams whilst they are on the field; This relates to the delivery of specific project activities and not performance related. If people management issues arise, they should be referred to the line managers of the concerned staff.
- Also, Be the liaison between the assigned district, communities, and organization. Nothing must happen in the district/communities without the knowledge of the PO. The PO must be up to-date with respect to what happens in the target communities and report challenges to his/her Line Manager for redress.
- Moreover, Lead in the identification of successor projects (communities, schools and health care facilities) in the district and contribute to the design of new business. The continuity of this role depends on the successful design and award of a new project.
- Last but not least, Actively participate in the organization’s business development activities
- Finally, Any other duties as may be assigned to them by the Executive Director or Line Manager.
As part of our commitment to organisation learning and in support of our understanding that learning organisations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Firstly, A first degree in Planning, Public Health or any Social Science discipline.
- Secondly, Must have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in WASH Project.
- Thirdly, Membership of a professional body is an advantage.
- Then, Ability to work under pressure.
- Finally, Excellent knowledge of Ms. Microsoft Office.
- Honesty and integrity are desired attributes in this role.
- Ability to speak at least two Ghanaian languages
How To Apply For The Project Officer Job Opportunity at GrowthAid
All interested applicants that meet the specifications of the various position should submit an application letter and a current curriculum vitae (CV) to: hrgrowthaid.org
Please indicate the position in the subject.
Closing Date: 10 July, 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE